- Сначала прочитайте текст, главное не старайтесь его учить наизусть
- Слушайте аудио-историю несколько раз
- Слушайте аудио-историю и отвечайте на вопросы
Lemon Dog’s Lucky Day Part 1
There is a dog. This dog loves to eat anything with lemons. As a matter of fact he
only eats food that is made from lemons.
His mother is a bulldog and she raised him vegetarian. His father is a sheepdog.
He is supposed to protect the sheep but instead he eats them. He is nutty as a fruitcake!
It turns out that when Lemon Dog was a puppy he only ate food made from pumpkin.
His favorite was vegan cream of pumpkin popsicles.
As far as making the popsicles vegan, his mother made them with soy milk.
Lemon Dog wants to throw a party. He decides to stick with making everything from lemons.
He really wants to make lemon soup, lemon sandwiches, lemon salad, lemon cake, and lemon pie.
He needs to buy 36,000 lemons to feed his friends. He knows that they will love his party as long as all the food is made from lemons!
He finds his keys and gets into his car… to be continued in Part 2!!!
Слушаем и отвечаем на вопросы
- as a matter of fact: actually, in fact
- raised him: parented, brought him up, taught
- vegetarian: lacto-ovo vegetarian: eats plants, eggs, and milk. No meat, fish or flesh.
- supposed to: should, ought to
- nutty as a fruitcake: crazy, insane, “nuts”
- turns out: to be found or known, to prove to be true
- vegan: eats plants. No animal products such as meat, fish, flesh, eggs, milk or honey.
- cream of: food or soup made with cream
- popsicles: frozen juice, type of desert or treat
- as far as: with regard to, to the extent or degree of something
- soy milk: a type of milk made from soy beans
- throw a party: have a party, give a party
- stick with: to continue doing something, to not quit something
- as long as: provided that, on condition that