- Сначала прочитайте текст, главное не старайтесь его учить наизусть
- Слушайте аудио-историю несколько раз
- Слушайте аудио-историю и отвечайте на вопросы
Lemon Dog’s Lucky Day Part 2
(Continued from part 1)
Lemon Dog finds his keys and gets into his car….
On his way to the store he has to get through a long line of traffic. Luckily, his car is
souped up and he gets through fast!
When he gets to the grocery store he goes to the fruit and vegetable aisle. He looks at
the shelf of beautiful, sexy, delicious lemons. He can tell they are loaded with lots of
juice. He fills his shopping cart with 36,001 plump, juicy lemons.
He pushes his cart up to the cashier in the check-out line. She is used to him buying
lots of lemons but not thousands of them! She rings up his bill on the cash register
and it totals $53,000,000. $53,000,000!!! “Oh No,” says Lemon Dog, “I don’t have
enough cash!” Lemon Dog is very upset; he doesn’t know how to deal with it.
But, it is his lucky day. The cashier has a crush on him. She thinks he is beautiful,
sexy, and delicious. She says “I like you Lemon Dog. If you invite me to your party, I’ll
make up the difference.” “Great,” says Lemon Dog, “you’re invited!” He pays
$40,000,000 and she pays $13,000,000. Lemon Dog leaves with his lemons and
gives the cashier his telephone number.
“Call me!” he says as he smiles and leaves the store….
Слушаем и отвечаем на вопросы
- on his way: while traveling, during travel
- get through/gets through: to complete something, to finish something
- souped up: change something to make it faster or more powerful
- aisle: row
- delicious: tasty, yummy, appealing
- loaded with: full of, having a lot
- plump: fat, full
- up to: near, next to
- cashier: teller, clerk
- check-out line: a line of people waiting to pay
- used to: accustomed to
- rings up: add up costs, total
- cash: money
- deal with: to take action about something
- crush on: to like or love, to be romantically attracted to
- make up the difference: pay for part of the cost, pay for the remainder