- Сначала прочитайте текст, главное не старайтесь его учить наизусть
- Слушайте аудио-историю несколько раз
- Слушайте аудио-историю и отвечайте на вопросы
Hitch Intro text
No woman wakes up saying: «God, I hope I don’t get swept off my feet
Now, she might say, «This is a really bad time for me.»
Or something like, «I just need some space.» Or my personal favorite: «I’m
really into my career right now.»
You believe that? Neither does she. You know why? Because she’s lying to
you, that’s why. You understand me? Lying.
It’s not a bad time for her. She doesn’t need any space.
She may be into her career… but what she’s really saying is, «Get away from
me now.» Or possibly, «Try harder, stupid.» Well, which one is it?
60 % of all human communication is nonverbal— Body language.
30% is your tone. So that means that 90% of what you’re saying… ain’t
coming out of your mouth.
Of course she’s gonna lie to you. She’s a nice person; she doesn’t wanna
hurt your feelings. What else is she gonna say? She doesn’t even know
Luckily, the fact is, that just like the rest of us… even a beautiful woman
doesn’t know what she wants— until she sees it.
And that’s where I come in.
My job is to open her eyes.
(Toby! Oh, my God! Is this what you’re looking for?)
Basic principles: No matter what, no matter when, no matter who..
any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet. Just needs the right broom.
- swept off my feet: idiom. fall in love very strongly
- need some space: idiom. need time alone, need time away from other people
- into my career: idiom. focused on my job, concentrating on my job
- nonverbal: adj. not speech, not related to speaking
- tone: n. intonation, pitch
- ain’t: v. (casual) am not, are not, is not
- wanna: v. want to
- hurt your feelings: idiom. make you feel upset or sad or hurt
- that’s where I come in: idiom. that’s when I begin, that’s where I start
- open her eyes: idiom. make her understand, make her realize sweep any woman off her
- feet: idiom. make any woman fall in love with (him, you)
- needs the right broom: joke. needs the right technique (he’s joking about the different meanings of the word “sweep” here)
Чтение английских текстов с аудио полный список