Диалог на английском языке с текстом: Sports on TV
Слушать аудио диалог: Sports on TV
Прочитайте этот диалог:
- Todd: So, Marion, do you like to play sports?
- Marion: I don’t play sports at the moment cause I don’t really have the time, or it feels like I don’t have time. It’s been a long time since I did sports regularly.
- Todd: Yeah, me too, but I love sports. I love to watch sports on TV.
- Marion: Mm-hm. But that’s not really taking part in sports is it? It’s not the same. That just means that you like TV.
- Todd: No, I don’t like TV. I like watching sports on TV. There’s a big difference.
- Marion: OK, so, what kind of sports do you like watching on TV?
- Todd: Well, I think you know, baseball.
- Marion: But of course. Anything else?
- Todd: No anything, pretty much basketball, baseball. I watch anything but there are sports I really dislike.
- Marion: Hmm, like what, for example?
- Todd: Ice-skating. I hate ice-skating. It’s torture. Like I can’t watch…
- Marion: The girls doing their pirouettes and stuff like that?
- Todd: Oh, yeah, plus.
- Marion: Figure skating, is that what you mean?
- Todd: Yeah, yeah, so when you watch it you think, they’re gonna fall, they’re gonna fall, and they’ve got the music on in the background, and they’re going around really fast, and then maybe you like one of the skaters, and then you’re nervous cause you think, she’s gonna fall, or he’s gonna fall. I mean they’re terrific athletes, but to me that’s not a sport, that’s an art. It should be like dancing or ballet. Like they don’t put ballet on the sports network, so they should not put ice-skating on the sports network either.
- Marion: OK, I see where you’re coming from, but I think if you watch a race like say the 100 meters, or something like that, you might also be nervous and afraid that one of them is going to fall, if you have that kind of investment in somebody.
- Todd: Yeah, I don’t think so, and I mean maybe it’s just me but, yeah!
- Marion: If you’ve got and American runner, which you usually do, in the 100 meters, do you not feel really nervous for them?
- Todd: No, cause I know they’re gonna win. No just kidding! Actually, they haven’t been winning recently, but, yeah, I guess a little bit, maybe the hurdles. You fell that way about the hurdles, a little bit.
- Marion: Yeah!
- Todd: So, but do you like watching ice-skating?
- Marion: Um, I don’t mind, but I do find it a bit boring after awhile, really.
- Todd: Yeah! Yeah!
- Marion: I find, to be honest I find most sports boring to watch after a certain length of time. An hour and a half is about my limit. I like watching soccer, but soccer is always changing so, I don’t find that a chore to watch but everything else really, an hour and a half and I’m done.
- Todd: Well, I guess that’s better.